4.Переведите предложения на русский язык, обращая внимание на причастия. Объясните свой выбор на русском языке.
1.Standing on the shore of LakeOntario, Toronto is the largest city in Canada.
2.Toronto has a lot of fine modem buildings, City Hall being the most famous.
3.At night the ParliamentBuilding is illuminated by thousands of lights, creating a view of a fairy-tale palace.
Тест.Выберите правильный вариант. Объясните свой выбор на русском языке.
1. If it is fine tomorrow, we ______ for a swim.
a) may go c) ought go
b) must to go d) would go
2. He said if he ______ her address, he would write her.
a) will find out c) found out
b) finds out d) find out
3. No matter how hard you try, you ______ me you´re right.
a) don´t convince c) aren´t convinced
b) won´t convince d) couldn´t convince
4. If he had asked me what to do, everything ______ different.
a) could be c) could have been
b) could had been d) was
5. But for the rain we ______ joined you.
a) would c) would had
b) would have d) would have to
6. He looks so pale as if he______Ш for a long time.
a) were ´ c) is
b) has been d) had been
7. If only he ______ more, then he´d get a good mark.
a) had revised c) ´d revise
b) revises d) ´11 revise
8. 1 wish I ______ so busy yesterday.
a) wasn´t c) weren´t
b) hadn´t been d) hasn´t been
9. If I ______ better qualified, I ______ for the job.
a) were, would apply
b) were, would have applied
c) am, would to apply
d) was, would had applied
10. Unless we ______ a taxi, we will miss the train.
a) have taken c) took
b) would take d) take
11. He looked at me as if he ______ me.
a) wouldn´t recognize c) didn´t recognize
b) hasn´t recognized d) hadn´t recognized
12. Even if you _______ me $10,000, I still ______ this house.
a) gave, don´t buy
b) give, didn´t buy
c) gave, wouldn´t buy
d) had given, wouldn´t bought
13. Unless you ______ borrowing money, you ______ in trouble.
a) will stop, will be c) will stop, are
b) stop, will be d) stop, are
14.1______you a ring as soon as I ______ back.
a) will give, got c) will give, get
b) give, will get d) would give, get
15. It´s very late. It´s about time we ______ home.
a) go c) went
b) have gone d) had gone
16. If I ______ you, I wouldn´t have paid so much money for this dress.
a) were c) has been
b) am d) had been
17. Assuming it´s a holiday on Monday, we ______ to the seaside.
a) can go c) would go
b) could go d) went
18.1 wish they ______ our neighbours.
a) aren´t c) don´t be
b) wasn´t d) weren´t
19. 1______you stay up and watch TV tonight provided that you ______ your homework first.
a) could let, finish c) let, will finish
b) will let, finish d) let, would finish
20. What ______ if you ______ Prime Minister?
a) did you do, would be c) would you do, were
b) do you do, will be d) will you do, was